Saturday 1 December 2012

An Ubuntu experience


According to my understanding Ubuntu means that by sharing and being open to others we all gain. A friend asked if I could do anything with his girlfriends old Advent laptop. It had helped her through university but the weight of security software had gradually slowed the machine to a snails pace. It had become obsolete. This friend and I are not wealthy and hate to see waste. With this in mind we discussed if the laptop could be salvaged. I was quietly confident that installing Ubuntu would create a machine that was unrecognisable from the proprietary installed device that it had once been. 
My friend was greatly impressed with the end result and to be honest I was not only pleased that we had salvaged a venerable device but also I had introduced two people to the joy of an open operating system. A couple of days later my friend gave me the hand made tile pictured above, to me this is Ubuntu we share we grow together. Thank you to all the people willing to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to give me your opion